Special pricing with no mileage restrictions;t-1, 1.5 Meg, MIS/DIA, $580 includes loop, port and cisco 1721 managed router. Zero $ Install. Applies to locations anywhere in the traditional SBC footprint in all 13 SBC states! Have a competitive offer that you'd like to compare to SBC/AT&T? Give us a chance to work up a quote based on your particular address.
“AT&T is really raising the bar with these SLAs. This is a comprehensive and aggressive move to challenge the industry's traditional methods of measuring performance in a way that is meaningful to customers and meeting their business objectives. It will be harder for competitors to be vague about their SLA commitments when AT&T's are out there in bold print."
Annual Revenue: $43.862 billion USD ( FY 2005)
Southwestern Bell Corporation, headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, was one of the seven original Regional Bell Operating Companies, or "Baby Bells." The company — a holding company for Southwestern Bell Telephone Company — was a result of U.S. antitrust action against AT&T in 1983. AT&T had adopted the name Southwestern Bell for its local operations in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, and Arkansas in April 1920.
In 1993 Southwestern Bell Corp. moved its headquarters to San Antonio, Texas and, during its annual meeting of stockholders in 1995, the company announced that its name would be changed to SBC Communications, Inc. The name change was an effort to reinforce the company's national and global reach and the company not only stated that "SBC" wasn't an acronym for Southwestern Bell Corporation, but that it did not stand for anything at all.
SBC then proceeded (as permitted by the Telecommunications Act of 1996) to acquire fellow baby bell Pacific Telesis, the Regional Bell operating company serving Nevada and California, in 1997 and the former independent Bell System franchise SNET (Southern New England Telephone).
SBC then announced plans to acquire Ameritech, the Regional Bell operating company serving Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin,, and told the FCC that it would allow competitors access to local markets where it had had a monopoly if the FCC would allow them to acquire Ameritech. The FCC agreed and in May 1998, SBC and Ameritech announced the merger would move forward. After making several organizational changes (such as the sale of Ameritech Wireless to GTE) to satisfy state and Federal regulators, the two merged on October 8, 1999. The FCC later fined SBC Communications $6 million for failure to comply with agreements made in order to secure approval of the merger.
In 2002, SBC ended marketing its operating companies under different names, and simply opted give its companies different doing business as names based on the state, and it gave the holding companies it had purchased d/b/a names based on their general region. This resulted in (bolded companies indicate holding companies):
At the time of SBC's purchase of AT&T in 2005, SBC provided local telephone service in 13 states (Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Wisconsin), provided long distance service to 10 million customers and owned 60% of mobile phone provider Cingular Wireless, the largest mobile phone service provider in the United States. BellSouth, in a joint venture with AT&T Inc., owns the remaining 40% of Cingular Wireless. The company was also an Internet Service Provider and the largest DSL provider in the US, with more than 5.1 million DSL subscribers as of late 2005.
The company was formerly traded on the NYSE as "SBC" until shortly after its purchase of AT&T Corp. was completed in November of 2005. The company was renamed AT&T Inc. and began trading on the NYSE under the symbol "T" on December 1, 2005.
Above SBC Communications licensed from Wikipedia to T1 Shopper, Inc. under the GNU Free Documentation License. Ordinal article and its authors listed here
|>> About Dial Tone Services |
Our mission is to take the hassle out of dealing with the phone company.
Get it done faster, better, cheaper!
Who are we?
Dial Tone Services is a "Platinum" level AT&T/SBC Solution Provider for voice lines, T1, DSL, long distance and is ranked in the top 2% in CA business development among 250+ firms. Since 1991, we have been an outsourced order center and consultant for AT&T/SBC business level products. CPUC tariff-ed pricing, billing and customer service continue to be provided by AT&T/SBC, because we are not "middlemen" or resellers in any way. Best of all, our services are free to the business user!
Your next move should be to call...
Dial Tone Services
|Los Angeles Office|
112 N. Catalina Ave.
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
888.450.3806 (Toll Free)
|Palm Springs Office|
7281 Dumosa Ave.
Yucca Valley, CA 92284
877.722.5695 (Toll Free)